Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pityriasis Rosea.....What???

I thought I had eczema or so the dermatologist said. But it is actually Pityriasis Rosea. As it was spreading all over my body, I made another trip to the clinic and was seen by another dermatologist. She was so much more detailed! She touched the spots and asked if it itch and wrote down the term for it. After goggling for the images, I am sure she is right. I shall not post the pictures because it looks hideous and scary!!!
I've been reading about it and it seems that the best treatment for it is to go sun tanning. UV rays 'kill' the damn rashes. BUT but I can't go tanning in a bikini with all these red and brown spots in the public pool! Tanning beds are too costly. So I'm still fighting with myself if I should just go to the pool. OMG. I don't think I can do it.
It has been almost 2 weeks now, and the damn rashes are still spreading. Slowly now. Symptoms may be reduced if the body does not get overheated. Then why sun tann?!! I think I got this condition because the weather have been so so warm and humid, and I am at home all day. My home is like an oven. You can feel the intense heat immediately when you step out of the AC room or when you come back. How am I gonna recover!

Aside from that, I have another skin condition on my arms. It has been with me since....I can't even remember, but I only knew about the term now. Keratopillaris. This is less scary. Doesn't itch nor spread. Hence, I didn't went to treat it.

My birthday was 2 days ago. But I'm not really in the mood to blog about it. It wasn't very great either. I think I sound bitter. Depressing.

3 comments:

MilknCookiie March 8, 2010 at 5:20 AM  

Aww, I hope there's another way to get rid of the rash. Or that it would just go away after some time.

I have keratosis pillaris too, but my dermatologist just told me that it can't be treated (ugh), but I have a feeling that they just don't care since it's not irritating/painful. I've read a lot of stuff on the internet that you need to scrub it a lot and lather some kind of cream on it every day..but yeah, I'm kind of too lazy for that lol.

I'm not sure if it helps but it sure does for me. Cheer up, treat yourself something good! :D

rene March 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Heye Milk/Cookie(I don't know which one of u!),

It will go away eventually. But ugh, I can't wait. Nobody can.
HiFive! LOL. I feel better now that I know I'm not alone. My dermatologist said to apply this cream for clogged pores and moisturize it well. It will make the brown spots lighter.
Where do you have KP? Arms too?

MilknCookiie March 9, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Oops, forgot to put down my name, Cookiie here~ Haha.

Yeah I have it on my arms too, and a tiiiiny but on my legs, but it's not noticeable and it's not really bothering me that much. On my arms it's a lot worse and it really looks ugly. x_x; I've quite learned how to live with it though, since it's really not itchy or anything. I'm afraid that it won't ever go away entirely too, so there's no choice but to accept it haha.

Since Milk has already taken the chance to congratulate you on the other post, I'll just say it here: Happy birthday!! I always ate the egg thing but I didn't know about the birthday noodles. O: Looks yummy ~♥

About Me

My photo
full of love♡, passionate about life, little girl at heart♡, unrealistic at times cos I dream too much. Find me here ♥tumblr ♥facebook ♥poupee
poupeegirl fashion brand community

Thanks for following!!

My Tracks

thank you for the awards

thank you for the awards


Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP