Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dream Job

If only life goes accordingly to how you want it. Wouldn't it be great? AAaahhhh......
Ok. But life's not like that. But you can be easily contented and life wouldn't be that bad anymore. Then I remember a friend stated in description in her Facebook, "you need backbone to live the life you want." How true. Being contented... is it a good thing or a bad thing? I guess it's both. If you are easily contented your life's not going to improve, you won't want a raise, you won't want a promotion. But if you are not contented with life, you might be so hard on yourself and feeling miserable everyday.

Anyway, how many of us are actually doing what we want or love. Is your job just a job? Or it really is your passion? Now that my parents are on the road of recovery and my dad have given me the green light to work, I am thinking where should I send my resumes to. My dream jobs are as follow:

Stylist. How fun is it to be surrounded by things I love? Clothes, makeup, models?!!

PR of a fashion magazine or clothing/makeup brand. I'm sure this position is tough, but being in the fashion industry!!

Animal Abuse Prevention Officer. I did send in my resume when I saw the opening in SPCA but I did not have a driving license which was a requirement.

WWF Conservationist. I am always in awe when I watched Nat Geo Wild or Animal Planet. Conservation efforts are difficult. I have so much respect for these people and what they are doing.

Interior Decorator. Growing up, I loved to borrow interior furnishing books from library. Even up till now, I still do. Vintage Chic being my all time favorite.

Counselor/Social Worker. I just want to help children and teens who have similar experience like myself.


I would love to hear from you lovelies about your dream job! Please share with me.

edited: I got a little poll going on. If you lovelies could vote? I'm not sure how good the results will be since I don't have much followers. HAHAHA.

5 comments:

StuddedLilly March 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

hey thanks for stopping by my blog, i think you have a pretty good start, you have a list of jobs that you're looking at so thats great! i worked in the fashion industry before as well for evening dresses but the position wasn't really satisfying what i truly wanna do..so i left!! my dream job would be having a small line of leather accessories :)

xxjessi

Jenny March 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM  

Stylist would be cool!! I think social worker would be rewarding but also extremely grueling emotionally.

Giovanna March 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

Love this post and your dream jobs choices!
xo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Shilka March 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

PR and Stylist sound like fun :D

But yeah, I gotta admit that living "the life you want to live" is hard... More than a year ago I started a job as marketing Exec, and it seemed like the dream job - I knew I beat other ppl who applied for it, and it was the "it" job - in a fancy agency, creative, with events, etc. Everyone applauded me.

But I felt so darn miserable with it - every day I came to work and felt something burn out inside of me irreversibly :(. So I decided to quit and start my own company - and that's when things got hard, because no one supports me: my friends and family keep on asking "so, when are you gonna get a REAL job?". Bleh!But I am not giving up, even if my life of choice seems to burn others in the eyes! I keep telling them that if they can't support me, at then they can at least shut up with their negativity.

So be brave and fight for your dream :D It's worth it, and if you get stuck in a job you hate, sooner or later you will have to quit and start all over.

rene March 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Hey Jessi,
Evening dresses? Guess it wasnt really your thing. Well... they are just my dream jobs, it is quit impossible to get it. Field of study and experiences. I wish you luck in doing up your own line!

Hey Jenny,
Yeah. I think I will probably bring all the problems from work back home with me, and then I won't be able to fall asleep, then I will get depression. HAHAHA.

Hey Giovanna,
I think whatever you are doing now is very cool too! Sorry I haven't been commenting as often as before!

Hey Shilka,
I think PR is very much like marketing.
I understand. When I worked full time in the retail line. Everyone was asking me that question too. YES! That's the least they can do...
You are very brave to start your own company! Keep up the excellent work! It is always hard in the beginning. I wish you SUCCESS!!

About Me

My photo
full of love♡, passionate about life, little girl at heart♡, unrealistic at times cos I dream too much. Find me here ♥tumblr ♥facebook ♥poupee
poupeegirl fashion brand community

Thanks for following!!

My Tracks

thank you for the awards

thank you for the awards


Live Traffic Feed

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP